Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Himachal State organized a three day camp at Gurdwara Sahib, Village Binewal with the co-operation of Ropar & Nawan Shahar Zone from Friday, 11 May to Sunday, 13 May, 2012. H.P. State Co-ordinator S. Lakhwinder Singh worked very hard to make the camp a success. In this Students Personality Development Camp about 100 students of Primary, Middle, High School and Senior classes participated from neighboring areas of Himachal and Punjab.
At the end of first two days programs, there were slide/film shows on big screen depicting Sikh history and tenets. Students and Sadh Sangat enjoyed Nitnem sessions in the morning and evenings by jointly chanting in Sangat.
- 1st Day topic of Prominent Sikh Martyrs was very well explained by Er.Amandeep Singh, Lecturer, LPU, Jalandhar.
- Main teachings of Shri Guru Granth Sahib were shared by S.Harcharan Singh.
- Fundamentals of Sikhism were the topic of BibiHarpreetKaur.
- In the afternoon session there was BalKaviDarbar followed by Group Discussion (GD). This GD involved children from various age groups which very remarkably presented various skits against social evils and on issues demanding public attention in general and Nanak Nam lewa in particular. Out of total 5 groups, performance of two groups was outstandingly very well.
- Before SandhyaNitnem (Rehras Sahib), Children recited GurbaniKirtan.
- Next day BibiCharanjeetKaur of Mata Sahib Kaur Academy, Anandpur Sahib highlighted the “Place of Woman in Sikh Religion” and shared sakhis from many life touching Sikh Bibis.
- Tips on How To Avoid/Escape Social Evils was told by Dr.Kanwaljit Singh.
- Lastly Co-ordinator S.Lakhwinder Singh, Brittania took up the topic of "Sewa & Simran" and shared many real stories from sikh history.
- Another attraction of the camp was on the spot Question-Answer Session wherein prizes were given on the spot to the right answer giver.
- Bibi Harinderjeet Kaur, S.Jaswinder Singh, S.Joga Singh-Langar Incharge, S.Balbir Singh, Bibi Manpreet Kaur, Bibi Gurpreet Kaur and S.Harjinder Singh were also present for various sewakaraj during the Camp.
- Certificates were given to all the participants.
- Camp dispersed with a prayer of thanks and welfare of all (Sarbanes da Bhalla) before Guru Sahib with the hope to meet again.